Opens: Friday, May 1, 2020 * Closes: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Our 3rd contest on the theme of kindness, we want to read poems that give insight and perspective on the qualities that make us better companions to one another.
Our Finalist Judge is Julia Meylor - see her bio on our website: www.origamipoems.com
First Place - $100
Second Place - $50
Third Place - $25
Poets included in the 'Best of Kindness' 2020 anthology will receive a contributor copy.
There is No Fee (* Must be 18 years or older to enter *)
Entrees must be original and unpublished and submitted thru our Submittable portal (email entries will not be accepted).
Only 2 poems per person (see formatting info below).
Do not include any identifying information on the entry itself.
This is a blind contest and your confidentiality is essential. Once we close the contest and determine the winners we will contact you via Submittable - using the account info that accompanied your entry.
Entry format info:
1. We prefer your entry be a Word document in Times New Roman, font size 12.
2. Poems should be no more than, say, 30-60 lines (with title) with each line being between 40-60 characters per line (including space and punctuation). Do not center your work.
3. Any identifying info on the poem submission itself will disqualify the entry from consideration. Remove your name from the poetry file you submit - including on the title page, headers and footers.
4. All submissions must be previously unpublished. (Yes, a work that has appeared on a blog or website is considered previously published and is ineligible from the competition.)
5. Simultaneously submitted work is ok but if your piece is accepted for publication elsewhere, please withdraw your submission from Submittable and email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. In the Submittable form itself, please include your bio info of 100 words or less - written in 3rd person. Include your mailing address as well.
7. Let us know your name as you would want it included in the 'Best of Kindness' Anthology (if accepted).
Results will be announced in our Fall 2020 Newsletter but we will notify all entrants prior to this time whether their poems have been included in the collection.